3.12.07

Twin City?



The name “D-Verse-City” was conceived in my way home, while traveling in a bus. I was thinking on a new name to revamp my old ‘D-Coded’ project, and then it came: I thought it was rarely comfortable to see a name that reflected the first letter of my name, my addiction by poetry, and then again, the inmense amount of ‘alter egos’ that emerge with every creation I make. But if you see it in another way, the word also stresses: diversity. It has urbanity, art, creativity and the encryption I required.

I understand that my works might be accesed by spanish speakers, and that my english leg of this project might be visited by some. But it was weird to me that the central part of this net, which is this very domain, was suddenly visited by people from places where I seem to have no contacts, like in Europe. I have this friend in France, and I know some people from spain have come to ‘my city’. But something is different when like in the last month, my blog gets 88 hits from Switzerland.

A bit of research made me crack the puzzle. Seems like people reached by using the keyword “d-verse-city” in Google, which lead me to repeat the scenario and: the mistery is solved. D-Verse-City seems not to be alone. There is another one.

From the places I have been seeking, I have not found a lot of possibility to visit their page at “my space”. But so far I know that it is an artistic group, which makes music and breakdance action (I think the word is B-Boys). So far I have discovered they are four (am not quite sure), and for what I have read (not all of their stuff is in english), they are pretty good.

So my eyes have two interrogatory signs instead of eyeballs: how did you reach the name? What do you guys do? What is the concept? A big time interview splashes me in my mind and I want to contact you. The image above seems to be their logo. BTW, am not claiming I made the logo and am not claiming or producing no profit with it.

This post is for you people in Europe. Can any of you who know of the group give me more info? If any integrant of the group is out there reading this, am doing a rare act here and am giving you my email address for you to communicate with you guys, I have the feeling that we could get along.

It feels nice to know that in Europe someone wants to play with words like me.

No comments: