21.10.08

Branding for Chameleons



"When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended for self-flagellation solely."
–Truman Capote


By february, I'll reach 4 years of experimenting with blogs. Since then I've expanded in a wild variety that I myself did not imagine to reach. I've done "D-Coded", the first stages of "D|Verse|City", and then by almost two years ago, I simultaneously launched under the same concept my experiments on english "D|Own|Town" and my increasing productions in spanish "D|Enuncia|2". As stated, not long ago I launched an experiment on what they call thumb-blogging, "D|Me|Nished".

The first logotype represented how I was opening to the world, and my attempt of expanding, among other things. The meaning was also a bit of cryptic (that is not new... right?).

Even when I love that logo, I started wondering if the first logo is enough to represent the multifaceted attempts of creating thru this web 2.0 trend, we call blogs that am experimenting with. I feel this need to change skin again in a chameleon's way.

Today, am officially launching the new icon for all the D|Verse|City projects. You'll find suggested the D, V and C, and the silhouette of a pseudo-cube goes for the multiple sides of this project. I also represent the multiple directions, sometimes contradicting one to each others. Its the conflictive nature of mankind (or my humanity, at least).

The triangle idea, is important be cause it suggests a very important part regarding to my beliefs. And it's also projected in each side of the 'cube'. Meaning omnipresence. I was planning to launch this by february, but I ceased postponing today.

The new 'skin' has been mostly finished on applying it for the whole projects, but I want to know what do you think? Do you like it? Comments are welcome.

_____

Creative Commons License
The D|Verse|City Network is an umbrella domain 4 personal creative Xperimentation with no commercial purposes. Creative Writting Experimentation by D-Verse-City Networks is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

marcela said...

Está genial! Me encanta cómo lo explicaste, de la misma manera en que yo explicaba todos aquellos proyectos arquitectónicos. Fascinante mundo el del diseño gráfico.